- Zombie Run
Sunday Oct. 30, 2016
Cooter Zombie Run
Liberty Park, 286 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness
• 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. Registration
• 4:00 p.m. Gauntlet of Zombies free kid preview
• 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. Cooter Zombie Run
• 5:00 p.m. Winner Announcement
REGISTRATIONChildren 11 years and younger may enjoy free sneak peek: Gauntlet of Zombies at 4 p.m.
New! Discount for all kids 12 and under receive $10 discount
Pre-register $20 by Oct. 27
Click here to register
Reserve race shirt in your size
In-person day of event $25
Liberty Park, 286 North Apopka, Inverness, FL 34450
Registration questions are sent to DRC Sports
Email info@DRCSports.com or call (352) 637-2475
EVENT LOCATIONEvent will start and end at Liberty Park, 286 North Apopka, Inverness, FL 34450
Citrus 95, Inverness Event & Visitor Bureau and DRC Sports
WHAT YOU GET• T-Shirt
• Race bib
• Apocalyptic snack
• Award to the first male and female survivors to cross the finish line with one flag intact.
Come early! The 3-day Cooter Music festival is held the last full weekend in October and it’s all about the celebration of Inverness indigenous water turtle aka the Cooter. Enjoy Water shows, 5 bands, festival vendors, a Cooterween costume party and a carnival midway.
RACE DESCRIPTIONThere will be zombies. There will be obstacles. There will be a start line, and a finish line, and the opportunity to avoid Zombies in between. Multiple routes may be available to reach the finish. Choose wisely. Use your wits and speed to get around both.
The zombie’s job is to eat you —But instead of consuming your flesh. They will be going after your flag belt! Two flags per runner. Your job is to make it to the finish line alive with at least one flag intact. If you finish without a flag this means you are now part of the undead. Don’t worry. Even rotting corpses get a Cooter Zombie Run T-Shirt!
THE RULES• Our undead chasers will do whatever it takes to chase you down (using the slow zombie walk) and grab your flags. Keep this in mind:
• Zombies will not physically contact any runner other than in attempt to pull a health flag. The undead are to never grab more than one flag from a runner. Direct physical contact (pulling, grabbing, pushing, striking, etc.) between zombies and runners will not be permitted. All of those in violation of this rule will be escorted off of the grounds without a refund. Those in violation may also be prosecuted depending on the severity of the act.
• Do not taunt the zombies with your brains/flags– that’s just plain mean.
• You must obey your zombie group leader at all times. Trust them, they will lead you to a glorious undead victory.
• Zombies are never to run and chase down a runner.
• All zombies must be 12 years of age or older by race day in order to participate.
Zombie Makeup Artist Amanda Duhart will turn you into a zombie, please call her to coordinate (786) 623-7832 or email Mandybaby305@gmail.com.